Lost in a Book

Lost in a Book


Saturday, October 2, 2010

"My Mommy Hung the Moon: A Love Story" by Jamie Lee Curtis

Curtis, Jamie Lee (2010). My Mommy Hung the Moon: a Love Story. New York, NY: HarperCollins Publishers, Inc.

Illustrated by Laura Cornell

The New York Times Bestseller List


Okay, so I did tear up with this book because I wanted my mommy after each page I read...

I actually was impressed with the easy-to-read-aloud rhyming rhythm of Jamie Lee Curtis's words. They were even surprisingly filled with authentic childlike feelings for one's mom. Yes, I was not expecting so much from what I perceived to be a more commercialized series of books from Curtis.

"My mommy hung the moon. She tied it with a string. My mommy's good at everything." And she also grows and makes all food from scratch, she writes all the books, she makes all the music, she pours all the seas, and pretty much everything else...Well, I though MY MOMMY had done that!

The cartoon art from Laura Cornell makes Curtis's verses have a more vibrant life! It's great to keep one page open and find all the wonderful details that Cornell has beautifully placed in her art design! Cornell even adds some small text for you to find and laugh over!

No comments:

Post a Comment